Health. It’s really the most important aspect of our lives. Without your health it’s hard to to anything. Growing research has shown that adding an air purifier can make a huge difference to your health and quality of life. Whether it’s preventing heart disease or helping students at school, air purifiers play an important role. So, we introduce 10 reasons everyone needs an air purifier.
10 Reasons Everyone Needs an Air Purifier
1. Allergies – Seasonal allergies are commonly triggered from ragweed allergies, fall allergies and spring allergies. Yes, the stuffiness and discomfort is annoying. Many of us use medication. A growing trend is to clean the air of allergies with an air purifier. This non-invasive approach is becoming more popular as medicines tend to lose their effectiveness over time and many do not like to take daily medicine.
2. Asthma – Asthma rates in children are increasing. In fact, 1 in 11 now have some form of asthma. Part of this increase is due to a strong link between allergies and asthma. Others asthma sources are related to smoke and traffic pollution. To help control asthma steroids are commonly prescribed. But controlling asthma requires multiple methods and air purifiers for asthma can have great results.
3. Baby/Children – Many children are born with ailments like allergies and asthma. Others develop them over time. Having an air purifier for children in your home for preventative health measures ensures your most important family members aren’t breathing air pollutants that could affect them long term or give consistent bouts of cold and flu.
4. Chemicals/VOCs – Better known as Volatile Organic Compounds, VOCs are chemical gasses emitted from building materials, cleaning supplies, pesticides, office and adhesives. Many people inhale them regularly, without realizing the long-term breathing problems that come as a result.
Anyone who works or lives in situations where VOCs are present should strongly consider an air purifier with carbon-based filters. The carbon can absorb the chemical pollutants much more effectively than any other air purifier technology.
5. Household Dust – Everyone battles dust. We always have. However, those of us who live in areas with high humidity are regularly inundated with more unwanted dust than most. This is regularly filled with particles like pet dander, mold spores, insect parts and dust mites.
To counteract those airborne agitators and stop triggering allergic symptoms like runny nose, sneezing and watery eyes, consider using an all-inclusive air purifier for dust in areas where dust is prevalent.
6. MCS – Anyone who has been exposed to Multiple Chemical Sensitivity knows the chronic medical condition is commonly associated with regular exposure to plastics, pesticides, petroleum products, paint fumes and various scented or synthetic products. Typical symptoms of MCS are nausea, fatigue, dizziness and unforeseen inflammation. All of which are common problems many people wouldn’t be able to track back to any specific ailment.
Yet, if you live near a high-chemical area like a gas station or major road you could very well be susceptible to MCS and should consider using an air purifier with a carbon-based filter to provide relief.
7. Musty Smells & Odors – Unwanted odors can arise one hundred different ways. Yet, instead of continually buying air fresheners and lighting candles which can actually worsen indoor air quality, you should use an air purifier with an activated carbon filter. Carbon adsorbs unwanted odors so you can breathe easier.
8. Pet Dander – No matter the season, pets like cats and dogs are either shedding their hair or losing old, dry skin throughout our homes. Then, our HVAC systems blow that pet dander throughout our homes and into our lungs. Using an air purifier in common pet areas will capture the pet dander before entering your immune system.
9. Pollen – Pollen, while critical in nature for grasses, plants and trees can trigger your allergies. The best way to get relief is to avoid your contact with pollen. This means when you come inside wash your face, brush your hair, take off your shoes and consider changing your clothes. To help you feel better inside also use an air purifier especially in the bedroom. As you lay down to sleep, pollen can cause congestion. Using an air purifier will help to clean the pollen from the air so you can sleep more comfortably.
10. Cigarette Smoke – Need to remove cigarette smoke from your home? Cigarette smoke is difficult to remove since it contains hundreds of gases and particulates so it requires a high level air purifier. To effectively remove smoke add a HEPA and carbon-based air purifier for smoke into your home.
Now that you’re aware of the common ailments air purifiers can provide relief for, see our Help Me Choose Wizard to help find the best Oransi air purifier for you. Our intuitive Wizard will select the ideal air purifiers for your concerns and get your breathing easier.